Contractors hurt in transformer explosion

Nov 2, 2018
Misc
Posted by Patrick Haddad

Two people were injured when a power cable exploded inside a transformer room in Salwa, Kuwait.

The two victims, an engineer and a technician, suffered severe burns and were rushed to Mubarak Hospital for treatment. Both victims come from Egypt and are working for a company that has a contract with the Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW).

They were performing maintenance work on the transformers. Following the maintenance, they entered the transformer to start it when a spark on the switchboard caused the fire.

Minister of Electricity and Water Bakheet Al-Rasheedi ordered an immediate investigation to find out what happened while MEW Undersecretary Mohammad Bushehri assured the technicians were both in stable constructions.

 

Source: Kuwait Times

Photo (for illustrative purposes): Fiat Ducato Ambulance/ Makizox/ Wikimedia/ CC BY-SA 4.0

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *